Every company needs to do one type of marketing or another. However, the real question is which type of marketing is the most efficient.
If you own a local business, it is essential to do marketing activities to attract more and more customers. However, many local businesses make the mistake of assuming they only need online marketing if they have a business outside their local community. However, with today’s marketing capabilities, it’s easier than ever to reach target customers in your area and beyond.
However, most conventional marketing strategies may be too expensive or cumbersome for smaller businesses and startups to use successfully. For this reason, inbound marketing techniques make more sense, especially for smaller businesses and startups.
If you’re reading this blog, you already recognize how effective inbound marketing is. We don’t need to tell you how effective inbound marketing is and how it will change marketers’ prospects forever. The statistics speak for themselves.
- But how can you take advantage of inbound marketing strategies as a local business?
- What are the most effective strategies, and are they applicable to your business needs?
- Can small and medium-sized businesses realize the full potential of these strategies?
You must understand these questions’ answers before investing in inbound marketing.
So, in this blog, we will briefly talk about the ideology of inbound marketing and then go into the six highly effective strategies that will help you boost your growth as a local business.
Inbound marketing and its ideology
Inbound marketing aims to build meaningful and lasting relationships with customers and potential customers by providing them with material that can assist them so that they willingly connect with the brand.
- The flywheel of the inbound methodology is based on three principles: Attract. Engage and Delight.
- The bottom line is to provide value to your customers and give them a reason to choose you and you again and again.
Inbound strategies that help local businesses grow
Local businesses can benefit significantly from inbound marketing. The following strategies will help you get the results you want:
Distribute free guides about your business
As many as 86% of consumers say that authenticity is crucial in deciding which brands they like or support. On the other hand, they declare that less than half of brands create content that is perceived as authentic.
How can you create accurate and value-added content that can help your brand? Don’t make this mistake. Free guides relevant to your brand or business are a simple yet effective way to deliver authentic content that helps your customers learn and gain knowledge. HubSpot, for instance, is the best publisher of free resources and guides.
- Ensure relevance. Content should be consistent with your brand, and the industry to which your company belongs.
- Pay attention to the details. Ensure your content is as concise and to the point as possible.
- Make sure it’s straightforward to read. Make sure they can easily understand the content. Potential customers will refer to the guide to learn something.
- Don’t hold back. Longer content works better on the web. So, you should create content that is at least a thousand words long.
Go for SEO optimization
Inbound marketing blogs that are SEO optimized get great results if done correctly. You need to take a few keywords and optimize them as much as possible to drive more organic traffic to your website.
You will be impressed to learn that search engines bring 300% more website traffic than social media.
Considering that statistics show that 87% of smartphone users use search engines at least once daily, you need to work on your search ranking. To do this, you need to use relevant keywords that are more likely to be entered by your target audiences on social media.
We’ll provide you with three tips to help you with search engine optimization
- Focus on a handful of valuable keywords rather than a variety of different keywords.
- Be consistent; keep posting relevant blogs and link them together. That is how optimization works.
- Develop separate pages for your website that are relevant to the keywords you
- choose what is important to your business.
- Build your brand
To get more visitors to your website, generate leads, and convert potential customers, you must first focus on building your brand. We recommend all marketers reading this blog create a custom identity for their brand leads.
Today’s marketing culture is heavily dominated by individuals and personalities who can distinguish themselves as leaders or subject matter experts. Numerous entrepreneurs have built their businesses by creating their brands.
It is undeniable that you are inextricably linked to your business. It only makes sense to use your identity and brand to establish authority in the marketplace and then pass it on to your business.
You can either develop your business based on your brand or build your business and then use your brand to promote it.
Social media interaction
With 3.5 billion social media customers spending an average of 3 hours daily on social media sites, it has become a golden platform for marketers to promote their brands. Video content, infographics, and illustrations work best on social media. They are an effective way to drive traffic to your website.
When promoting your content on social media, remember that it is an interactive peer-to-peer platform where friends, families, acquaintances, etc., share. So to get the best results, you need to give users something to engage with.
Please allow them to interact with you. Get actively involved in asking and answering questions. However, you don’t rely solely on social media as a form of marketing. Here are some pro ideas to assist you:
- Please don’t rely on social media for sales; use it to build your brand equity.
- Your followers are real people, so engage with them by asking questions, answering inquiries, responding to tweets, recognizing +1s, and being present.
- Be consistent. Social media won’t remember you for long. So make sure you post regularly.
- Leverage email advertising
- There are about 3.9 billion everyday email users worldwide.
- Marketers who used segmented campaigns have seen an increase in sales of up to 760%.
- 59% of respondents say that emails influence their buying decisions.
Therefore, email marketing is a must for inbound marketing. But how can you effectively harness the power of email?
The first step is to build an email list. When it comes to building a business, this is one of the most critical elements. You can even utilize the email list to develop compelling subject lines that are proven to increase click-through rates.
Use guest blogging
As we mentioned earlier, inbound marketing is almost synonymous with SEO. Guest blogging is another way to get good search results, making it one of the most useful inbound marketing tactics. Below are the benefits of guest blogging:
- You can get valuable backlinks on authoritative websites.
- You can reach a wider audience and attract them to your website
- It helps a lot in building a personal brand
- Keep the originality
Also, you can add the list of publishing brands on the landing page of your website. That creates a sense of prestige for your website. If you are discussed on a famous or authoritative website like Forbes, Wall Street Journal, and New York Times, the reliability of your visitors will immediately increase.
Therefore, it would be helpful to consider guest blogging when planning your inbound marketing plan.
What to expect
Inbound marketing is solely about attracting customers. The outcome of your strategy depends on its implementation. How much value are you providing? Can you identify the problems and interests of your target audience? Are you responsive to their needs and questions?
These are the questions you should ask yourself as you formulate your strategy. You can also hire an inbound advertising consultant or use inbound marketing tools to get better results. However, one thing you should do is take care of your audience.
And remember that these inbound marketing strategies can help you target the local community, so they must be a top priority for your local business.
Enjoyed this blog post? For more please visit Appledew UK.